Founded in 1959 as C.O.R. by a group of parents, Corvilla initially provided respite care for children with disabilities. With the support of the Brothers of the Holy Cross, Corvilla, Inc. expanded its services to provide group homes.
The Brothers of Holy Cross
Brother Falvius, C.S.C. took over as the director of Corvilla on January 6, 1970. Within one month, the home on Manchester Drive caught fire and the children were all evacuated. They spent several weeks living in Columbia Hall, the Holy Cross Brothers home until the home was repaired.
The Bulla House
In April of 1971, the Bulla House was donated by a local family and became the new residence of the Corvilla family. Since then, Corvilla has added three more homes throughout the county.