Human Resources Assistant
South Bend, Indiana
Do you have knowledge of payroll processing, maintenance of personnel records, and experience with a variety of other HR duties?
If so, then this might be the right fit for you!
STATUS: NON-EXEMPT, HOURLY
This position works closely with the Chief Human Resource Officer, providing highly confidential and comprehensive administrative support to the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource Department.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Customer service, both in person and by telephone, answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resource issues
• Assist on employee recruitment, application process, screening, interviews, retention and post-offer employment processes
• Maintenance of personnel records, and the tracking of employee requirements/benefit time, ensuring timely and accurate records
• Assist in new employee hire/orientation & training
• Timekeeping and payroll & ACA processing
• Processing of workers compensation claims, reports, and OSHA logs
• Operate a variety of office equipment including copier/fax/scanner, computer, and utilize various computer applications and software programs including but not limited to: word processing, data base, spreadsheet & training systems
• Research compile and analyze data for special personnel projects and reports.
• Assisting in benefits enrollment and processing
• Additional duties as required
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resource Officer
Minimum High school graduate with at least 3 years’ experience in office and administrative duties. Requires effective written and verbal communication, organizational, computer and software operational skills. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Requires a high level of confidentiality in all job duties.
The purpose of this job description is to outline some of the essential duties of this position. It is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Your signature below acknowledges that you have read and understand this job description and are physically capable of carrying out the responsibilities as outlined.