This position performs and directs all home management systems and client programs, within one group home. Your primary purpose is to implement, organize, develop, train, document and monitor all household systems; which includes scheduling of staff hours and medical appointments. The Managers have the responsibility for assuring that active treatment is being provided to each client on a continuous, aggressive basis. This involves knowing each client’s Individual Program Plan and taking advantage of all on going, informal opportunities for “teachable moments”, understanding the developmental outcomes of all activities; and adhering to the principles of normalization.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Assure that the home and programs are run such that each client’s quality of life is maximized.
· Supervise all residential staff in the home.
· Manages clients, home and staff systems, materials, financial and scheduling needs.
· Serve as liaison between the home and community, day program, parents, or other involved agencies or individuals.
· Participate in IPP/PCP related activities.
· Manage medications and administration; and is responsible for medical appointments.
· Responsible for pick-up of grocery check and grocery shopping.
· Manages and trains staff in job duties, active treatment implementation and policies and procedures.
· Participate in monthly planning of activities in the home.
· Be part of the team that ensures the home is in compliance with the State Dept. of Health regulations.
· Participate in annual case conferences and in the annual CFA process.
· Know and adhere to all Corvilla’s Policies and Procedures.
· Attend community meetings, conferences and workshops as deemed appropriate by QIDP.
· Responsible for QIDP notes on a monthly basis.
· Responsible for planning monthly outings and social events with clients and coordinating staffing for these outings.
· Responsible for inventory and purchase of household supplies.
· Perform and demonstrate home management systems and active treatment.
· Provide corrective action as needed.
· Monitor the cleanliness of the house for health and safety.
· Responsible for being On Call on a rotating basis and handling all staffing and scheduling issues as necessary up to and including covering the direct shifts as needed.
· Work along side the Direct Support Professionals during Active Treatment hours to provide training, supervision and to be a good role model.
· Communicate all necessary items to appropriate Administrative Staff (refer to Manager’s Handbook).
· Insure timesheets are correct when submitting.
· All other responsibilities as assigned.
All positions at Corvilla, Inc. require that employees are free from all felonies. Must be a high school graduate and have at least one-year experience working with people who are developmentally disabled, a valid driver’s license and employee must be insurable by our insurance carrier. Experience in individual program development is helpful. Job experience must include personnel management, quality assurance, financial documentation, medication dispensation, systems management, communications skills, and positive relationship building skills.