South Bend, Indiana
Do you desire to have a job that makes you feel great knowing that every day, you're making someone's life better?
STATUS Non-Exempt, Hourly
Responsible for recruiting and identifying potential candidates, interviewing and hiring of Corvilla employees. Work to align overall recruitment activities with organizational goals for hiring and retention. Provide excellent customer service and follow up to applicants, employees and managers.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Manage Corvilla’s hiring process to include recruiting, screening, interviewing and referring potential candidates to appropriate managers to schedule second interviews. Provide post-interview follow-up.
• Extend employment offers, complete reference and employment verifications, assist with background checks, onboarding and other new hire requirements. Ensure all candidates are notified of acceptance or rejection status.
• Create, and manage job postings internally and externally on job recruitment boards and other websites to attract skilled applicants. Respond to external employment inquiries and from current staff interested in other Corvilla openings.
• Conduct hiring events, attend career fairs, and build recruiting relationships with high schools, colleges and other community resources.
• Communicate with managers to understand hiring needs, keeping them updated with status of current open positions. Prepare and keep open hours report current.
• Track recruiting and hiring data and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
• Assist with administrative duties of the Human Resource Department.
• All other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resource Officer
Bachelor’s degree or two plus years of related human resource experience in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding employees. Knowledge and experience with state and federal regulations regarding employment law.
Energetic self-starter with excellent customer service, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills. Professionalism, discretion, excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as a team.
Solid computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. CPR/First Aid Certification required.
The purpose of this job description is outline some of the essential duties of this position. It is not an employment contract and is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind. Your signature below acknowledges that you have read and understand this job description and are physically capable of carrying out the responsibilities as outlined.